When you visit an Education Horizons Group website or use a product or service hosted by EHG, the following information will generally be collected about you for statistical purposes:
- your location
- your Unique ID generated by our tracking cookies (if consented to);
- the date and time the EHG server received the request;
- the pages, documents and files you requested;
- the address of the resource which provided the link followed, if any, to an EHG website;
- the type of browser and, in some cases, the operating system used;
This information is collated for analysis and is only available to a limited number of EHG staff. It will be is evaluated in reports that show usage patterns without any personally identifiable information.
EHG websites use ‘cookies’, to make the best use of the site.
One of the tools used by EHG is Google Analytics. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please see here. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Web beacons will also be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails (and which links within those emails) have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users of an EHG website, except where we are required or permitted to do so by law. For example, EHG will gather more extensive information about an individual in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts are made to access website / hosted service data or files;
- unauthorised tampering or interference occurs in respect of data published on an EHG website or hosted service;
- unauthorised attempts are made by other websites to index the contents of an EHG website or hosted service;
- attempts are made to intercept messages of other EHG website or hosted service users;
- an EHG product or service is used to send communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; and/or
- attempts are made which otherwise compromise the security of an EHG web server, breach an applicable law, or interfere with the use of an EHG website by other users.